Government Resume Tips/ Samples
An ideal government resume must demonstrate relevant work experience and skills in a quick and clear manner. Below are some vital tips that you need to bear in mind while preparing a government resume.
- Areas of Expertise
Having a clear and well defined job objective is a must. Include brief headlines that sum up your aspirations and top qualities.
It’s important to highlight your strengths and core qualities within the first half of the resume itself. You can create separate sections in a resume such as “Areas of expertise” or “Professional Expertise” to demonstrate your vital abilities.
Place emphasis on your accomplishments
The best way to place emphasis on your accomplishments is to quantify them. Make sure that you do not include fake information.
Points to Remember
- List down your professional expertise, skills and areas of interest based on the specific position you are pursuing.
- Advertise yourself properly through your academic background, skills and other extra curricular activities that relate to the job.
- Do not commit the mistake of misrepresenting any information.
- The resume must be short, clear and up to the point.
- The resume must not have a cluttered look. Use spaces and headings wherever it’s needed.
- Get rid of unwanted information, if any. Don’t rewrite the same thing over and over again.
- Long paragraphs are a complete “no”. Instead, make use of short paragraphs and bulleted points.
- It’s important that you develop a relationship between your skills and the job you are seeking.
- Make use of keywords that suit your job profile.
Use Action Verbs while framing sentences.
Sample Government Resume - Take a look at the sample government resume provided below: